Very Disappointed

September 9, 2012

Went to the concert last night at the ComCast Center in Mansfield MA. Skynyrd opened up and did a great show. The little ole band from Texas came on 20 mins later. They opened up with a couple of classics with mid 80's videos playing on the screens behind them. We thought it was a one shot deal with the mid 80s MTV videos behind them - it wasn't. My god you talk about a cliche-type one note group - Come on into this century boys! One of the true measures in my mind is when a crowd stands up during the whole concert(like they did for Skynyrd). After the 4th-5th song in people started sitting down. In my mind it's like Same old Sh$%^#t. from ZZ. The 6th-7th song in people started hitting the aisles to leave! We actually hit the aisle when they came back for the encore - couldn't take the same tired old BS
3rd time seeing them last night for us and last time. Still can't figure out why ZZ didnt open for Skynyrd because thats the way they played last night - like an opening act. DONE!

Replies to This Posting

1. tlg avatar tlg

Re: Very Disappointed

September 9, 2012

Absolutely agree with Bobmetz's post. I was there last night at the ComCast Center and Lynard Skynyrd rocked. Unfortunately, ZZ Top just "phoned it in". The lame videos were annoying and actually detracted from the show. The music was classic ZZ Top but they seemed to be sleepwalking through every song. I've seen them in concert before and they were great. I'm not sure whats going on with them. Some bands just can't seem to keep the level of passion for their music that they had when they were younger and hungrier. I won't go to another ZZ Top concert.

2. RE: Very Happy

September 10, 2012

We must have been at different shows? ZZ TOP rocked Comcast! Maybe you were in the grass and it was raining so people left? It was my 18th time seeing them and they only keep getting better! Rock on!

3. Re: Very Disappointed

September 16, 2012

I liked ZZ...however, Skynyrd seemed to have much more energy! Plus, I really liked the tribute to the military! ZZ Top...nope! I had front row seats, so that was great! But...the VIP "package" was a joke. I thought that the meet and greet would be cool. It wasn't even a meet and greet. They quickly rushed you in to take a quick photo...yes, REAL quick! I barely had time to say hi and goodbye to the band. They would not sign anything...nothing!! The only thing they said to me was "Hey!" and "Thanks." That's it!! The meet and greet was a joke! The band was not personable at all, and there was only 20 of us that bought the VIP Diamond package. They definitely could have taken the time to sign a couple of items! What a f**king joke!! No more VIP packages for me! Hell no! And...I've seen the band 20 times in my life...so much for being a loyal fan!!!!

4. Re: Very Disappointed

October 14, 2012

seen them in marksville la oct 12 12 they only played 1 hour.no blue jean blues,no just got paid,just crowded the music together & walked off the stage. come on man 1 1/2 hours would have been good enough. whats next do like claptons lazy ass & play 45 mins. & leave