1st Annual La Grange Fest

October 23, 2011

WOW! What a show! Frank, Dusty and Billy really played their asses off. They played some tunes I hadn't heard in a while. Tunes like "Party on the Patio," & "Just got Paid."
Billy was able to play sum blues which is always a treat. He started the show playing a telecaster.
They opened with "Got me, under Pressure" then they stormed their way into
Waitin’ for the Bus~Jesus just left Chicago
Pincushion
I’m bad, I’m Nationwide
Future Blues
Cheap Sunglasses
My head’s in Mississippi
I need you Tonight
Hey Joe (Jimi Hendrix) atribute to Jimi, who Billy said discrovered them and took them all over the planet.
Brown Sugar
Party on the Patio
Just got Paid
Gimme all your Lovin’
Sharp dressed Man
Legs
and for an oncore they finished with
La Grange
Tush
I least thats the way I remember it. There were no seats, it wouldn't have mattered anyway, everyone was on their feet the whole concert.
It was very crowded. The BACKYARD over booked IMO but it all worked out. Instead of the 3500 the Back Yard used to hold, I'm gonna guess there were 10000 people there.
We were probably 20/25 feet right center of the stage.
I took my boys who are 13 & 14. It was their first concert, and they both had a blast. I also gotta "I love you Dad" from both of them at the end of ther show. Moma had a good time too. Thats my story and I sticking to it ...
www.vanderbilly.com

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: 1st Annual La Grange Fest

October 23, 2011

Hi davido-

Glad you and your family enjoyed the show.

I was listening to the show on Sirius broadcast with a friend (located in another part of the country) and emailing comments back and forth. The setlist from the Sirius broadcast is different from your list, although your list makes more sense. This is the playlist that was on Sirius:

Pressure
    Bus/Jesus
    I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
    Future Blues
    Cheap Sunglasses
    Brown Sugar (Intro only!)
    Hey Joe
    Party on the Patio
    Just Got Paid
    Gimme All your Lovin'
    Sharp Dressed Man
    Legs

Encore:
    La Grange/Sloppy Drunk/B-B-Q medley
    Tush

We figured the omission of Pincushion was an indicator of a shortened set. But we were totally thrown by the out-of-sequence, shortened Brown Sugar. Perhaps Sirius changed the playlist for the broadcast?

Can anyone comment on the difference of the setlists?

Thanks,
    Sr. Volto

2. Re: 1st Annual La Grange Fest

October 25, 2011

Davido's setlist looks right. The Backyard is a nice venue but they really gotta do something about that parking/traffic situation! Anyway, here are some cool photos from the La Grange Fest: http://30daysout.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/live-zz-toplynyrd-skynyrd-austin/

3. RE: 1st Annual La Grange Fest

October 25, 2011

Where's the meet and greet photos?

4. Re: 1st Annual La Grange Fest

December 4, 2011

Sounds like a good time.
    Sure wish we could have come south for that one.
    Thanks for sharing your experienze!!
    Coolimoolo DaddyO!!!!
    Keep on rocken!
    Tommy